Korean Paleo Galette
Paleo Crust Ingredients: (Can substitute for store-bought pie crust)
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons rosemary and thyme, chopped
- 2 cups bok choy
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon K-Mama sauce
- Add flour and salt to a food processor and pulse until a chunky dough is formed.
- Add coconut oil and egg, and mix until a ball forms.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour while you prep the veggies.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Next, add in red onion and cook on medium-low until translucent and golden.
- Add squash, mushrooms, and spices. Cover and cook until veggies are tender.
- Add bok choy and saute for about 2 minutes, or until it cooks down in size.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce over the dough.
- Add veggies.
- Fold in the edges of the galette so they are slightly overlapping.
- Crack egg into a small bowl and scramble.
- Spoon egg wash over the dough to help it turn a nice golden color while baking.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When it has turned a nice golden color, transfer to oven, slice, and enjoy!