This recipe is a slight twist on the usual Korean japchae that people have come to know and love in Korean restaurants. For protein, we added tempeh instead of beef. We also added eggplants to this recipe but that can easily be left out or substituted with other veggies like mushrooms. Please note that if you are celiac or have a gluten intolerance, use tamari instead of regular soy sauce for cooking
- ¼ cup of Mild or Gluten-Free K-Mama Sauce
- ¼ cup of soy sauce or tamari
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ tsp of grated ginger
- ¼ cup of onion (diced)
- 3 bell peppers (sliced)
- 1½ cups of eggplant (diced)
- Buckwheat noodles
- Add olive oil to a saucepan or large skillet.
- Add diced onions and sauté until translucent.
- In a separate pot, cook buckwheat noodles according to package instructions.
- Add tempeh to the pot with the onions. Brown on all sides.
- Add in eggplant and bell peppers and cook until soft.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add buckwheat noodles and sauce to a large pan or skillet and toss everything to combine.