This paleo galette recipe is packed with veggies, aka lots of nutrition, and can do double duty as a healthy lunch or snack. We always tell people that the sweetness in our Mild complements veggies really well, and this is certainly the case with the bok choy, onions and zucchini here too.
Paleo Crust (can substitute for store-bought pie crust)
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 tbsp of fresh sage
- 2 tbsp of thyme
- ½ red onion (sliced)
- 2 cups of zucchini (sliced)
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 2 tbsp of rosemary and thyme, chopped
- 2 cups of bok choy
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- Add flour and salt to a food processor and pulse until a chunky dough is formed.
- Add coconut oil and egg, and mix until a ball forms.
- Place in the fridge for at least 1 hour while you prep the veggies.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Next, add in the red onion slices and cook on medium-low until translucent and golden.
- Add squash, mushrooms, and spices. Cover and cook until the veggies are tender.
- Add bok choy and saute for about 2 minutes, or until it cooks down in size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce over the dough.
- Add veggies.
- Fold in the edges of the galette so that they slightly overlap.
- Crack egg into a small bowl and scramble.
- Spoon egg wash over the dough to help it turn a nice golden color while baking.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- When it has turned a nice golden color, remove it from the oven. Slice, and enjoy!