In our household, we love fish a lot but our favorite is salmon. Full of Omega-3 oils that are good for the heart, salmon is perfect for my wife because it has its own natural oils so we don’t usually add much oil (or any) to it. When we tried this recipe at home, we first started off with the stir-fry method because we didn’t have an oven yet. Now we DO have a small toaster oven, so we actually stir-fry the sugar snap peas and bake the salmon.
For both methods, how long the salmon takes to cook really depends on how thick the salmon filet is, so we recommend piercing through the salmon and checking if it is cooked through. If roasting the sugar snap peas, ensure that the sugar snap peas are dry otherwise the moisture will create more of a steamed effect. Serve this dish without carbs, or complement with a side of rice or potato salad or some fries and eat to your heart’s content.
Prep Time: 2mins Cook Time: 13mins
Total Time: 15mins
Serving Size: 2
- 1 pack (8oz) of sugar snap peas
- 1 medium-sized salmon filet
- Cooking oil
- Spicy or GF Spicy K-Mama Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat pan at medium or high heat and drizzle olive oil.
- Once oil starts to sizzle, toss in the sugar snap peas.
- Add salt and pepper to season them. (optional)
- Once cooked, set aside.
- Season both sides of salmon filet with some olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add oil to the pan earlier and set to medium heat.
- Pan-fry salmon on the skin side and flip until it is cooked through.
- Plate salmon & sugar snap peas. Drizzle K-Mama Sauce over salmon (or both) and serve!
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Toss sugar snap peas on a lined baking tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon filet skin side down on a separate baking tray and season with salt and pepper too.
- Place both trays in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove sugar snap peas from the oven and set aside..
- Drizzle K-Mama on the salmon filet and return to the oven for another 2 minutes to glaze.
- Serve altogether and enjoy!