Often we get a bit snacky in the middle of the day and are craving something a bit more substantial than a granola bar. This simple yet nutritious recipe is our solution to that! The directions below call for the oven so that you can get that nice crispy texture on the outside. However, for a much faster cook time, it is also possible to cook the sweet potatoes much more quickly in the microwave for about 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper and skip straight to step 8. For cooking in the microwave, we recommend piercing the skin through with a fork all over the potato to allow it to cook more quickly.
- 6 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1½ tbsp of olive oil
- ¼ cup of Mild or Gluten-Free K-Mama Sauce
- 1/3 cup of goat cheese
- ¼ cup of green onions
- Sea salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Add washed potatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes, uncovered.
- While cooking, chop up the green onions and crumble the goat cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 450° and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Remove the potatoes from boiling water and place them on a cutting board. Slice in half, then smash with a water glass by gently pressing down on each half.
- Drizzle with olive oil, then add salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Press a small hole into the center of each potato, spoon K-Mama over it, then garnish with goat cheese and green onion.