Posted by Stephanie Tan on 5/4/2023 to Recipes
Spring according to TCM is the season of the liver and gallbladder. Particularly, now would be the time to detoxify your liver and improve your liver ki / qi. Hence, we wanted to share with you some tips and a spring bibimbap recipe below!
Salt and pepper
Leafy greens - Kale / swiss chard / collard green / micro-greens / arugula
Chicken or tofu
Any K-Mama Sauce
1. Slice chicken into strips or tofu into cubes and marinade with salt & pepper or K-Mama for 10-15 mins.
2. Meanwhile, lightly saute or blanch the greens, bean sprouts. Or eat them raw if you prefer.
3. Saute mushrooms and season with salt & garlic powder.
4. Fry an egg and lightly season with salt & pepper.
5. Saute marinated chicken or tofu in a pan on high heat.
6. Assemble all your ingredients and enjoy!
Making bibimbap can be a lot of work if there are many ingredients. So feel free to leave out some ingredients if you don’t have them available.
We also like to cook lots of extras for the veggies, chicken/tofu and even eggs so that we can store them away in the fridge and have them later in the week to use as sides in other meals or have another bibimbap bowl again.